Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday, Cycle 1, Day 10

Weight 169.4

Yesterday was a struggle. I was back to giving up on this diet and and giving into psychological cravings. U. G. H. I didn't. But I wanted to. I guess the most important thing is that I didn't.

Man, this constant struggle with food has a strong power over me. It runs deep.

Don't I want it to stop??

Can I stick with this for 7 more days?

I waver between perseverance and giving up the fight.

At 6 o'clock this morning, I was ready to switch to the Eat Clean Diet Stripped by Tosca Reno. (It has the same basic principles, it just allows whole grains, which of course means I can bake some comfort food. Thankfully, I know Buff can relate.)

As of right now at 9 o'clock, after writing a review of Tosca's Eat Clean Diet Stripped, I'm not quite ready to give up. 7 more days.

The truth is, my cravings are gone.
My hunger is gone.
I feel smaller and lighter.
I am eating healthier.
And aren't all of these things what I want when I am overweight?
Aren't all of these things what people long for when they feel out of control with eating?

Yes.

Yes, I have only lost 5 pounds in one week. But I have lost 5 pounds! Some people would kill to lose 5 pounds.

Maybe I should stop taking these positive changes for granted for the sake of an indulgent choice that will provide pleasure for 5 minutes and regret for longer.

Ok. Pity party over for now.

I just read this article posted by a friend on Facebook and I do believe it to be true:

When Fatty Feasts are Driven by Automatic Pilot


No comments:

Post a Comment