Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday: Cycle 1, Day 5

"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight." – Helen Keller

169.8 pounds It's been 5 days and I've lost 4.2 pounds so far. *Happy Dance*

I am happy to announce that I'm totally over my suffering phase. Going to mom and dad's for her birthday party tonight, which may prove challenging. I've already prepped my parents that I'm not going to eat any BBQ ribs from Corner Stable in Timonium, just a salad and water. I know that if I indulge, I will have to go through my suffering phase again, and it's just not worth it to me on Day 5!

6 am 8 oz. lemon water

6:30 am coffee with 1 packet purevia and 1 tbsp. organic half and half

8-8:35 am Treadmill Interval workout 15 min @ 3.5 mph, 20 min @ 5.5 mph
2.710 miles, HRM = 374 calories burned, 64.8 carbs burned
20 oz. water

I Feel Great!! Sweating profusely but able to push myself to go further! Woot!


9:00 am Like my friend Buff, I want to make smoothies but I never have! So here's my first attempt at a homemade smoothie! 8 oz. chiobani plain greek yogurt, 1 tbsp. strawberry preserves, 4 oz. strawberries, 1 packet purevia, 1 tbsp. flax, and ice made in my new MAGIC BULLET!! YAY!

1:30 pm Dry Roasted Peanuts (I didn't plan my outing well and I wouldn't say I was hungry at all, but I could feel that I had gone too long without eating. so I bought a jar of peanuts before I left the store and snacked on a handful or two on the drive home. Then my fruit alarm went off as I headed home, so I knew I had to get my fruit with the next half hour.)

2 pm Since I skipped my morning snack, I decided to have another smoothie for lunch. I needed another pro biotic food and serving of fruit. (I was going to get another grilled chicken salad from Amores, but decided that I'd just push it off until tomorrow's lunch after church.

So I made a blueberry/pear smoothie with 8 oz. Chiobani plain yogurt, 1 packet Stevia, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 pear, and ice

5:00 pm steamed shrimp salad, shrimp salad, capful of Olive Garden italian dressing, 2 pieces rib meat (very lightly bbqed), water
I felt completely satisfied and full! I easily skipped the homemade potato salad, breadsticks, appetizers, sandwiches, etc. Didn't even give them a second thought! No sweat!

7 pm Cake time...my sister made a homemade, from scratch chocolate cake with homemade icing and chocolate chip cake bars. Both looked delectable. Incredible. I took small serving of my fruit salad and 1/2 piece of cake....

I only ate the fruit salad! It was a little hard to resist, but it was almost like I feared taking one bite of it. Now, on this 17 Day diet, I'm not supposed to have fruit after 2 pm, so I did allow myself an indulgence of having fruit at 7 pm, but I didn't experience a sugar crash or a need to have a second helping. So yay!

9 pm 2 cups decaf coffee with 1 packet stevia and 1 tbsp organic half/half each

Onward and upward!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Awesome! 4 lbs in 5 days- go you!!! Now you have me wanting to make a smoothie, and so glad you got a Magic Bullet! I am hoping to make some homemade yogurt and then want to freeze it in ice cube trays for some smoothies :) Keep it up- inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete