Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday

168.4 pounds

Yesterday, I found an AMAZING website discussing The Fullness Factor (satiety indicator) to help with food choices. I'm going to explore it a bit more, but I was very much in agreement with many of the ideas presented in the background. I came across this website while searching low glycemic index information.

during my day trip to Washington, D.C., I would say that I mostly stuck to foods on the 17 Day Diet, but I also ate foods that were not on the 17 Day Diet. I didn't overindulge, I was a conscious eater, and I didn't crash.

Things that I ate:
9 am: 7 oz. greek plain yogurt with 1/2 serving of blueberries, 2 tbsp. low sugar
strawberry preserves, 1 packet purevia, 1 tbsp. flax, green tea
1 pm: grilled chicken salad with balsamic/olive oil dressing, 20 oz. water
3 pm: shared a few bites of my mom's chocolate chip cookie
4 pm: 1 pack peanut m&ms and water
7 pm: 2 packs whole grain club crackers
salad with peppercorn parm on side
2 slices bread and butter
1 broiled crabcake
steamed vegetables
a few bites of roasted red potato
1/2 turtle cheesecake (I didn't like the taste of it, so I stopped myself)
water
coffee with cream and splenda

So...not eating enough during the day definitely had an impact on indulging during dinner.

Today I am off to Dutch Wonderland. I'm going to pack some healthy snacks in a backpack and drink plenty of water. There will be lots of walking today too, which is a bonus.

This week, I will be sitting a lot doing grad work, so I plan to exercise every morning. Possibly I will swim at the Y in the evenings too, just to add some activity to my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment