Thursday, January 8, 2009

Well, whatdya know!

Remember how I mentioned that I love any and all surprise days off of work? Surprise! I got one today.

And no, it wasn't due to ice of any kind.

My son spiked a fever last night...just as I feared he would. I mean, we were with my family last weekend at Owen's birthday party, and about five of them are currently sick with something, so I figured it was just a matter of time.

Last night, his time came.

I called the doctor this morning and was told to wait a few days to see if the fever lasted. If it lasted more than three days, then I should come in to have him seen by the doctor. In the meantime, treat him with ibuprofen and tylenol. Basically she told me that the fever is just a sign that his body is fighting off a virus.

I know that. But....shouldn't they check out his ears? his throat? his lungs? Anything??? And if those are all clear, I'd be happy to give them my $15 copay as they tell me that I'll just need to wait out the virus.

Doctors. Go figure.

So we wait.

In the meantime, I've been on hold with the mortgage company for 2 hours and 50 minutes. Yep, I'm in for the long haul. I fear that I may use up my monthly minutes with this ONE PHONE CALL. I'm determined though, because I actually got through this time. When I tried to call last week, the automated service cut me off and didn't even allow me to wait.

All lines are busy. Call back later. Click.

What???? Did you just hang up on me? Oh no you didn't!!

So I called back again. Entered my account number and social security number about 8 times... AGAIN... in addition to pressing 1 over and over and over and OVER to tell the system that I was interested in refinancing.

Isn't that what 1 meant the first time I pressed it?

All lines are busy. Call back later. Click.

So on Sunday night, I logged into my account on their website, submitted a request to be contacted by a representative about refinancing our mortgage, and was told that someone would be contacting me within one business day.

One business day! Woo Hoo!

It is now Thursday. I have not been contacted by their representative. And I've been on hold for nearly 3 hours trying to get someone to talk to me.

I see it coming any moment...

Thank you for your call. We are experiencing an extremely high volume of calls right now. You will be on hold for an eternity. If you were smart, you would call another mortgage company. After all, we were just bought out by another bank, so really...shouldn't you invest your money elsewhere? We're going to do you a favor and hang up on you now. Get on with your life and have a nice day. Click.

Ok, I'm going to do it now....never mind. My 3 year old just hung it up for me.

3 hours of my life....gone with one push of a button.

No comments:

Post a Comment