Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sniffle Sniffle Cough Cough

So yesterday I spent the day home with Willie again. It was kind of a rough day, because the night before we didn't sleep much. It seemed like Willie's cough would only stop for 5 minutes at a time. We were all miserable when it was time to get up in the morning. Willie's eyes were purple from lack of sleep, fever, cough, sore throat...

I called to schedule a doctor's appointment. Come hell or high water, they were seeing us today! It turns out that Willie has a double ear infection, but no strep and his lungs were clear. Good news there! So I picked up the antibiotic and we got him started on that.

Our nap this afternoon was ok...Willie could sleep for an hour at a time before having a coughing spell. We stayed in bed for 2 1/2 hours.

When Will got home, I left to go to Curves for my strength-resistance workout. 413 calories. After I came home, I got on the treadmill for 15 minutes to burn another 100 calories.

Then I sat down and enjoyed my Papa John's pepperoni pizza. Yummm.

Today (Saturday) looks like much of the same. We were able to sleep until 8 am. I've been hanging out in my pj's all morning. I paid our bills online and got stressed. I've eaten the equivalent of two breakfasts. I've watched Transformers. Willie's running around like a nut! (He must be feeling better.) I've got a nice steady nasal drip down the back of my throat. This afternoon, I plan to go swimming at the Y. Then a brief treadmill workout to burn about 250 calories.

My eating has not been very good. When I'm stuck at home for long periods of time, I tend to snack. Now...we don't have terrible snacks in the closert (other than some cookies I shouldn't have bought that are nearly gone now) but I just keep snacking and snacking on anything!

If I end up getting sick, I'm sure that will help to get me back on the right track. If not then I'll have rely on routine and willpower.

I think now I'll head out to play in the 3 to 6 inches of snow that was forecasted for our area last ...Hold the phone...any guesses on how much snow we got? That's right! Zip. Zero. Zilch.

No comments:

Post a Comment