Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weekend

Ah, the weekend is here. In my opinion, there's nothing like a Friday night...it's my favorite night of the week! It holds such promise of the days off...what will we do? what will we enjoy? who will we see? how late will we sleep in? I just LOVE it!

I haven't been blogging for awhile because I've been wrapped up on the second book of the Twilight series...New Moon. Phenomenol. So Phenomenol in fact that reading it upset my world.
I couldn't sleep, I didn't exercise, I didn't eat right, I didn't do the things that keep my world running smoothly (including quality time with my husband and son). It took my focus off of everything important and signficant in my life. That's never a good thing. When I finished on Tuesday night, I felt like I mentally needed a break from these characters. That's how intense this experience is!

Just as I did with the first book, Twilight, I'm going to reread New Moon before going onto the third book (which Jess so graciously dropped off to me in my office on Friday...along with the fourth book too...thanks, Jess!) Anyway, I'm going to reread New Moon at a much, MUCH slower pace so that I can pick up on the details that I missed when rushing through it the first time.

I've decided that I need to post a checklist on my fridge of ALL the things that I need/want to do in the evenings in order for my mornings to run smoothly. I am sick of rushing out the door in the morning...late....and then rushing to get to work on time. So for this second half of January, I'm going to try using a checklist.

Up to this point, I have been on the treadmill (new year's resolution) for 12 out of 16 days. I'd like to see if I can get on daily for the remaining days of January. I think I'm going to revise my exercise goal to be exercise (not specifically treadmill) for 60% of February. Each month I will increase my accountability for exercise. Today I'm going to try to go the Y to use the elliptical machine and go swimming. My first indoor triathlon is coming up, so I need to get into training mode: swimming, biking, and running.

Money has been very tight lately...like "how in the hell am I going to pay all of our bills" tight, so I'm looking forward to some money that is headed our way. Will is selling his Honda Magna to his brother, Jeff, we have some inheritance money coming our way, and then of course tax refund. It will be enough to pay off some of our credit card debt. Plus I'm trying to refinance our house and roll in our equity loan, but that's been a long process as well. The rates are great right now, so I hope I don't miss my window of opportunity.

This weekend....new washer and dryer being delivered (my current ones are breaking down on me...a special SHOUT OUT to my hubby and Lowe's credit for getting me two new ones!), possible visit from an old friend, visit with my parents, creating my organized checklist, planning meals for the week, shredding junk mail/receipts, working out at the Y, cleaning the house, laundry, naps, church. Weekends might not be for rest, but at least I can get a lot done!

Side note: my son has discovered how to make the L sound. But it's so funny, because he exaggerates every L sound in his words to make it clear. Example. There's a sL...ug over there. I want to play with my L....ightsaber. Which L....ight should I turn off...That L...ight, that L...ight, or that L...ight? Hilarious.

He's also becoming known as Random Thought Willie. He has such a great memory, and at the most bizarre times, he recalls these memories to share with us. Now this morning, it was a little different. His waking comment was "Mommy? That was fun when we played the games at our new house." I said, "Oh, we're getting a new house?" He said, "Uh huh."

Won't that be fun if it comes true?

No comments:

Post a Comment