Sunday, January 4, 2009

And so it ends...

I figured since I'm headed back to work tomorrow, I should keep busy today to keep my mind off of the upcoming stress of work. I needed to have a productive day.

Boy did I ever!

I awoke at 6:45 and came right downstairs. By 7:30, I was tackling the tree. I worked ALL DAY on this house, and as I look around now, it was well worth my effort. I even have a load to donate to charity....I've cleaned house!

I figure being active all day was sure to burn a ton of calories. And as exhausted as I feel, I think I did. I wasn't too too careful about my eating today, but I did resist some temptations. Like calling my husband to bring me Taco Bell for lunch. (I didn't). Or ordering a Papa John's Tuscan Six Cheese pizza with parmesean garlic breadsticks for dinner. (I didn't).

I did have a few pieces of Dove milk chocolate. And they were good...

As my new year's resolution stated...50% of January on treadmill. (My personal goal-daily on treadmill.) I MADE myself get on today despite my best attempts to talk myself out of it. (I'm pretty good at that.)

You don't have to get on today.
You've been working so hard.
You did only make your goal 50% of January.
You're tired. Feel that pain in your shoulders?
Doing anything extra today will strain your body too much. Blah Blah Blah.

Blah.

I got on for 20 minutes and burned 106 calories that I otherwise wouldn't have!

Let's see if I can remember today's menu...

Breakfast
Coffee with fixins'
3 Nutrigrain blueberry waffles
1/4 cup Sugarfree maple syrup

Snack
5 Fruit Loop breakfast sticks (Thanks to Mendy for telling me how good they are.)

Lunch
Turkey sandwich (2 oz turkey, mustard, WW roll)
1 oz. Ruffles Light chips
WW yogurt

Snack
Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar
5 pieces Dove milk chocolate promises

Dinner
Lean Pocket Chicken Parmesean
1 piece garlic cheese bread

Snack
Coffee with fixins
1 Betty Crocker chocolate cake mini bowl (worth every one of its 150 calories)

Lots of cravings for chocolate today...perhaps I'm PMSing.

Tomorrow's plan: 30 minutes on treadmill, 30 minutes at Curves. Then I've got to go sign up for my free 2-week membership at the Y so I can go swimming Tuesday morning. I'm going to get up at 5 am tomorrow so that I have enough time to work out, get a shower, fix lunch, and get the little one ready for his day at Debbie's.

Well, Christmas holiday...it's been fun. See you again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment