Saturday, January 3, 2009

And so I begin...

I woke up on the first day of the new year and drank my first cup of coffee. Hmmmm. Now what can I do...time to get on the treadmill!!

I walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes.
3.0 for 5 minutes
3.5 for 5 minutes
3.8 for 5 minutes
4.1 for 5 minutes
4.4 for 5 minutes
4.1 for 5 minutes
3.8 for 10 minutes
3.5 for 10 minutes
3.1 for 11 minutes

Burned 501 calories. Walked 3.682 miles at an incline of 2.0.

Food journal
Breakfast
1 cup coffee with 4 Splenda and 1 tbsp of coffeemate Pumpkin Spice creamer
1 apple
2 tbsp. Naturally More peanut butter
20 oz water

Lunch
2 cups Progress Light Southwestern Vegetable Soup
1 Wasa crisp
20 oz water

Snack
1 minibag of kettle korn
1 Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar

Dinner at Mom and Dad's
3 baby carrots with 2 tbsp. of crap dip
small salad with 1 tbsp light honey mustard dressing
1 cup spaghetti and 1/2 cup sauce
3 meatballs
1 slice garlic cheese bread
1/2 can of diet coke
1 cup coffee with 2 tbsp fat free creamer
1 cup coffee with 4 Splenda and 1 tbsp of Coffeemate Pumpkin Spice creamer

I felt like I did pretty good for my first day of eating in the new year. Over the holidays I ate anything and everything I wanted. As you can see, I love carbs, so carbs must be a doable part of my nutrition plan. (I tried a low/no carb diet once....I was down to my skinniest, but couldn't stick to it. And then gained back all of the weight that I lost. No thanks! I need a plan that will work for someone who regularly gives into temptations.)

Temptations today.....a cheesecake in the fridge and a bowl of cookies---both that I made just yesterday for our New Year's Eve celebration. See what I mean? But.....I did not have any cheesecake or cookies. I also passed on the store bought cookies/cupcakes brought to dinner.

Overall rating for today...good. Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment