Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I am always excited by the promise that a new year holds. Every year I make pretty much the same resolutions....isn't it about time that I stick to them? Because these resolutions truly reflect my inner desires.

Make better nutrition choices.
Exercise daily.
In doing the above two, lose the 20 extra pounds that I've been carrying around.
Make a budget and stick to it.
Limit my spending on frivalous, unnecessary things.
In doing the above two, put at least $1,000 into my savings account by December 31, 2009.

So...my health and my money. Those are two powerful elements of my life that I have struggled with all of my life. I'm 36 years old. It's time to make a permanent change. I have a three year old son and I want to be a good role model for him in these two areas.

My health and my money.

So those who fail to plan....plan to fail.

For the month of January, my initial resolution was to get on the treadmill everyday. Then I thought...let's be realistic. Pick a reasonable goal that I can meet and work up to everyday. Right now, anything would be an improvement over 0%. If I get on it everyday...good for me!

January Health Goals:
Exercise on the treadmill for 50% of the days of January.
Eat an average of 1500 calories a day or 175 points a week. (Weight Watchers.)
Burn an average of 500 calories a day.

January Money Goals:
Create a budget.
Shop only once a week.
Make a grocery list and stick to it.

Those goals feel reasonable and doable for me. Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment