Friday, January 23, 2009

Doldrums of winter

This week has been a hard one. A week of deep thoughts, sad thoughts, pushing my limits, dealing with some stress at work...you name it, it probably happened this week.

Some good things about this week:
I got up TWICE at 5 am and met my friend Becky at the Y to go swimming. Tuesday and Thursday.
I went to Curves TWICE this week. Tuesday and Thursday.
No exercise on Monday and Wednesday....I'm going to break that trend this afternoon with some time on the elliptical or bike.
Today is the first weigh-in for Mustang Meltdown.
My niece is finally feeling better after a miserable week of sickness. (She had a temperature of 105.8!!! How is that possible???)
My son has stopped crying when he wakes up from naps at Miss Debbie's.
My mom is mentally in a better place since my niece has turned a corner.
I am going to spend some time with my sister and her family tonight.
Despite lots of long meetings this week, I love working with my team at school.
I found out details about Serena Lambert's fundraiser on Feb. 7th.
I ate Chinese last night.
I enjoyed watching the inaugeration ceremony and celebration on Tuesday.

Some bad things about this week:
No exercise on Monday and Wednesday.
Some tears about Serena Lambert and her fight with cancer.
Frustration over some things that arose in my long meetings.
Frustration over my BAD eating habits.
My niece....doctor said she has a chronic, underlying condition that is attacking her immune system...What?!?!?!?!?
My sister-in-law's mother-she is recovering from a mini-stroke and they're trying to find out some answers about her health.
My sister-in-law---I worry about her. She has had so much to deal with over the last year, and I fear that she's at her breaking point. I wish she would reach out for help when I offer it!
I miss my family in Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment