Monday, May 14, 2012

Instead of thinking there are “good” and “bad” foods, consider them as nutritional or non-nutritional.

This morning, while walking on the treadmill, I was reading my latest copy of Oxygen magazine. In particular, I was reading Tosca Reno's column. Among her infinite words of wisdom, I found this gem (paraphrased by yours truly)...

Everything that passes my lips must help me to achieve my personal goals.

I've been repeating this to myself today. and it has really put things into perspective for me. But I thought to truly embrace this new mantra, I must also do my research. How will the foods that I eat help me to achieve my goals?

Off the top of my head, here is what I want.

1. I want to eat more fruits and vegetables.
2. I want to eat real food.
2. I want to limit my carbohydrate intake to between 50 and 100 grams per day.
3. I want to exercise daily with one day off a week.

And by doing these things...

4. I want to lose 20 lbs.
5. I want to maintain the 20 lb. weight loss.
6. I want to eat in a way that will maintain my health.
7. I want to develop a passion for eating well.

I think that's it for now. Like I said, I will continue to think about these goals and revise/change as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment