Sunday, May 6, 2012

HARDCORE (cause that's how we roll)

And so it begins... Tomorrow is Monday. Mondays are when I begin my new diet plans. Hence, tomorrow I will begin my new diet plan. Over the past several months, my soul sister and I have tried a variety of diet approaches. The most effective one has been a low carb approach. We've done the first phase of Atkins, where you limit yourself to 20 net carbs per day. We've done moderate carb eating, where we limited ourselves to less than 100 carbs per day. Now we have a new plan. Hopefully, a plan that is doable as a lifestyle approach. One through which we can endure, lose weight, and stick with for the long haul. Tomorrow is Monday. Tomorrow begins our hardcore controlled carbohydrate eating. Our plan is simple. Eat between 20 and 50 net carbs per day. (Net carbs = carbohydrates minus fiber minus sugar alcohols) We'll try it for a week. See how much we lose. And adjust accordingly. If we need to go back to closer to 20 g of net carbs per day, we will. If we continue to lose in the 50 net carb range (which of course allows for more flexibility) we will. Wish us luck! Tomorrow I'll post my beginning weight. My food diary. And my thoughts through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment