Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Restarting the Journey...

Outdoor Workout (on the treadmill) from Fitness Magazine (January 2009)
Warm-up: walk (3.5) 4 min.
Intervals:
run (6.0) 1 min. walk (3.5) 1 min.
run (5.5) 2 min. walk (3.5) 1 min.
run (5.5) 2 min. walk (3.5) 1 min
run (5.5) 3 min. walk (3.5) 1 min.
run (6.0) 2 min. walk (3.5) 1 min.
run (6.0) 2 min. walk (3.5) 1 min.
run (6.5) 1 min.
Cool-down: walk (3.5) 6 min.

Total time: 30:29
Calories burned: 325
Carbs burned: 51.2
Mileage: 2.277

Current weight: 161.5
Lowest weight: 150
Highest weight: 178

Pre Workout (6 am)
2 cups coffee with 3 equals and 1 tbsp. sugar free non-dairy creamer each
40 oz. water
South Beach cinnamon raisin protein bar (MY FAVORITE!-if you haven't tried it, please do!)

Post Workout(8:30 am)
2 slices italian bread, toasted, with country crock spread and jelly (Bad for me (refined sugar), but YUM!)
1 cup honey roasted flakes with almonds (Great Value brand...tastes ok, but since my other choices were Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I went with the one that had almonds.)
1/2 cup 1% organic milk (Thumbs up)
(Too much refined sugar/bad carbs in my breakfast today...I need to hit the grocery store from some lower sugar/whole grain items. I'll probably experience a sugar crash/impending hunger in 30 minutes or so...)

Snack (10 am)
500 mL (1 PT, 0.9 OZ) chocolate milk

Lunch (12:30 pm)
2 slices italian bread with mayo, turkey, and 1 slice of WW cheese, warmed (Delish...and I'm a sucker for soft bread and a warm sandwich)
15 loaded baked potato pringles (YUM YUM YUM-our new fav. chip)
Yoplait Light Thick N Creamy yogurt-lemon meringue (my favorite yogurt BUT it's too high in sugar) drizzled with 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
500 ML (1 PT, 0.9 OZ) water

Snack (3 pm)
1 sandwich bag of kettle korn (It was ok...kind of stale, but I had the munchies so I ate it anyway.)
1 Atkins chocolate caramel bar (Uh...YUM!!!)

Dinner (6 pm)
spaghetti and meatballs with shredded cheese (YUM)
1 slice ciabatta cheese roll (YUM)
1 chocolate cupcake (I made them yesterday. Gave 7 away to Debbie this morning, but kept a few for us. I LOVE homemade cupcakes and was having a craving for them yesterday.)

Back to School Night (6:30-8)
bottle of water

Evening snack
1 cup coffee with 3 equal and 1 tbsp. sugar free creamer
1 cupcake
1 cup no sugar added, reduced fat ice cream Cherry Vanilla (Great Value brand from Walmart...and my favorite summer addiction)

Overall, I feel like I was more in control today. Although my food choices weren't the best, I definitely consumed less calories today. I was even daydreaming about eating out for lunch, but when the time came, it wasn't hard to decide to eat the lunch that I had packed. That was a big change for me.

Tomorrow is the first day of inservice, so I will miss the leisurely arrival at work that I have enjoyed the past week. I would much rather work on a flexible schedule...arrive at 9ish, come and go as I please, and leave by 5 pm. Oh well, that's why I have the summer off. I get a taste of freedom every year.

By the way...two cupcakes left, and last night, I decided that my 3 year old should get them. That was big of me, wasn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment