Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Journey Day 2

"Such dieting problems can become more severe the more often a person has attempted calorie-restriction diets in the past. This is especially true for the person who has gained and lost weight a number of times.
Their bodies can detect a diet a million miles away; even the thought of going on a diet may slow down their metabolism. Their bodies do not trust them anymore. The feast and famine principle of their genetics are in full force. As soon as there is a reduction in calories, the body slows down and starts to conserve."
~Mastering Leptin by Byron Richards

I could not BELIEVE that this was in the book I was reading this morning while walking on the treadmill. Is that Karma, or what? Some of you may remember that this issue of trust arose in one of my earlier posts. Wow. Guess I was onto something!

Treadmill Workout (5:30 am)
Warm-up 3.5 (10 min)
Intervals
6.0 (1 min) 3.5 (1 min.)
6.5 (1 min.) 3.5 (1 min.)
6.0 (1 min) 3.5 (1 min)
6.5 (1 min) 3.5 (1 min)
6/0 (1 min) 3.5 (1 min)
6.5 (1 min) 3.5 (1 min)
6.0 (1 min) 3.5 (1 min)
6.5 (3 min)
Cool-down 3.5 (3 min)

Total time: 30:29
Calories burned: 312
Carbs burned: 47.8
Mileage: 2.253

It looks like I burned off one of the cupcakes from yesterday!

Breakfast (5 am)
2 cups coffee with 3 equal and 1 tbsp. of Creamer each=60 cal
1 Cinnamon raisin high protein bar=140 cal of Yummy Goodness
bottle of water= 0 cal.

Inservice (8:30 am)
8 oz. cantalope + 1 apple + 1 Light N Fit yogurt = 200 cal. of severe gas pains!!!
large coffee from Dunkin Donuts with cream and extra equal = 140 cal. of "Thank You God!"
1 bottle Crystal Light apple juice= 0 cal.

Lunch (12:00)
2 Gas Relief pills
Smart Ones Grilled Flatbread Chicken Bruschetta=310 cal. of completely not worth it)
15 Loaded Baked Potato pringles=150 cal. of crunchy goodness
1 pack Raisinets=150 cal of something sweet
1 bottle water = 0 cal.

Snack (2:30 pm)
2 sugar cookies=150 calories of Thanks a lot, Eric!
3 chocolate chip cookies=180 calories of nothing special

Snack (6 pm)
1 cup cantalope=54 calories
1 bottle crystal light apple juice
1 cupcake

Dinner (8 pm)
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Loaded baked potato pringles
Now watch it go totally downhill...
1 cup no added sugar, reduced fat cherry vanilla ice cream
1 cupcake
1 bite of Willie's pbj sandwich
1 Fudge Stripe cookie
1 cup coffee with 3 equals and 1 tbsp. sugar free creamer

So what happened to my seemingly "on track" day? I was tired last night after my second Back to School night, and when I'm tired, I munch! I crave! I give in to temptation!
Those two cupcakes that I was saving for Willie? Yeah, I ate 'em. (Guess I'm not going to win any awards for Mother of the Year.)

I was so tired last night, I fell asleep before Willie. I fell asleep watching tv! That hasn't happened in awhile.

I've decided to take Friday off to have a special day with Willie. I think we're going to do our movie thing, go to lunch or dinner, and take a loooooooooooong nap. Oh, just thinking about it makes me wish it was Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment