Tuesday, May 26, 2009

An end, and now the beginning

Well, the final weigh-in for the Mustang Meltdown was last Friday. It ended about a month ago, but they decided that we should all weigh in once again to see if we continued to lose or if we were able to maintain our weight loss.



I stepped onto the scale...149 pounds!! From my heaviest weight of 178 pounds, I've lost nearly 30 pounds!



Yay, me!



Now the real challenge begins. I'm happy with my current weight. I'd like to stay in the 140-150 pound range, but I've never been successful maintaining weight loss for long periods of time. Now, we all know how I feel about the word never, so I'm ready to face this challenge now too!



I've been really happy with my commitment to exercise since this journey began. It's now something that I crave as part of my daily routine. That makes me feel happy.



I've been feeling myself slipping lately in terms of eating too many things that aren't healthy for me. In the back of my mind, I hear, "Your body needs to trust you. Don't let it down again."



Last Wednesday, after an intense hip hop abs workout, I was walking up the stairs and my knees were aching. Talk about fear! If I get injured.....I don't even want to think about it. Luckily Laura's pool was ice cold on Saturday, and after I was forced to get in by my parental guilt, I actually felt great the next day! Thanks, Laura, for my ice bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment