Saturday, April 4, 2009

If you are what you eat, then I'm a 100 calorie pack of Oreo Cakesters.

I did it!

I cannot believe how much I have changed in the past 10 weeks. After being stuck for over a year at over 170 lbs, I am finally within reach of my "ideal" weight.

Open yourself to change, and it will transform you.

I stepped on the scale at the Y yesterday morning before my swim, and it balanced at 157 pounds.

157 pounds!

When I weighed in at school, clothed, the scale read 158 pounds. So overall, I began this challenge weighing in at 175 pounds and have lost 17 pounds in the challenge.

Stick to your goals, and your body will trust you again.

So I am within 7 pounds of my overall goal. I may lose more through exercise and training, but once I hit 150 pounds, I'm going to adjust my calorie goal on The Daily Plate to maintain my weight. I do not have a history of successfully maintaining weight, so I'm hopeful that my habit of tracking my food intake and exercise on the website will teach me how to do that. That will be my next challenge.

I was able to exercise every day for the month of March. I crossed out each day on the calendar after I exercised, and I have 31 pink slashes smiling back at me. My new routines: Monday through Friday I wake up at 4:30 am and go swimming for 30 minutes at the Y. Two days a week, I try to use weight machines for strength training. On Saturday and Sunday, I do interval training on my treadmill for an hour each day. Last weekend, I burned over 700 calories each day! That's over half of my calorie allotment for the day! But doing that helps me to continue to meet my goal, because we do like to eat out on the weekends. I also do Hip Hop Abs with my friends at school two days a week (as my schedule allows). I REALLY want to try Turbo Jam, and someone at school has that for me to borrow. The only thing that I need to add is bicycle training for my first triathlon in June, and I need to buy a bike.

So...that's my progress report! I prayed for a difference. I prayed for a change.

My prayers were answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment